Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh you had to be there!

Saturday night our Ward held a daddy / daughter activity (for achievement days) with a country and western theme. Of course there was dinner involved which was not bad. They then had the dads dancing with their daughters. Seeing as most of us (well it appeared that way) did not dance that often a few lessons were in order.
First they started a line dance. It was quite funny that a lady from South Africa was teaching us a country dance. Well it was funny to me.
Anyway, there were about 15 or so dads and their daughters (all aged between 8 and 11) in 3 rows. We took it slowly and finally got through the whole dance. The song we danced to was a popular oldie 'Boot Scootin' Boogie' by Brooks and Dunn. By the time we turned the third time my feet were kind of tangled. it was quite funny to watch all the dads with their girls. We were all huffing and puffing after only 20 minutes. We then formed a large circle and we were taught how to Waltz. Poor Alyssa. Only once did I step on her toes but I messed up at least 3 times but she was a trooper and kept on going. I apologized every time but either way it did not bother her. She was just concentrating on her steps. She found it a little difficult cause she was trying to do the opposite of what i was doing. She did a better job of going backwards than I did going forward.
Those who know me well know I suck at dancing. All in all it was a great night with Alyssa and we had alot of fun.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

If you ever need a partner count me out, I like my toes! I'm glad you had a good time this is something she will remember for the rest of her life.

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

Alyssa will probably rember that fabulous activity forever!!! Thanks for posting. I love hearing what is going on.