Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Need your Opinion - Alyssa v's Cell Phone

Alyssa turns 11 February 23rd. Those who have talked with her knows she is a bright and smart person. We have a bit of a dilemma. We are thinking of getting her a cell phone for her birthday. I am still on the fence. Obviously she says yes but Cynthia is unsure although i think she would say yes quite easily. Before you pass your judgement or opinion let me point out a few things.
The cost is minimal. To add a line is only $10 a month. We are able to restrict her phone use based on who she can call and text. So there might be only 10 people she could communicate with. Cynthia has been working more at the school and there are times she needs to be away from the home.
I have talked to a few people that have given their a phone when they were 9 because both parents worked and it was for emergencies. Some have waited until they are 13 or 14 or older.
So, add some comments and let me know what you think. Should we or shouldn't we?
Remember Alyssa and Cynthia read this so be nice. ha ha ha just kidding.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

My kids (ages 7 & 9) Have one. I think it's s good idea if you don't have a home phone. Just depends on the kid I guess.