Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Any Thoughts?

As a dad I am about to face a difficult stage. Alyssa is 10 and will be 11 in February. Sunday night Cynthia went for a walk with a friend from our ward at 7:30pm. She said she would be back at 8:30. At 8:43 Alyssa came running to me with tears in her eyes saying mum is not home yet. She was very upset. She asked if she could call Cynthia and I told her it was ok. Well she did not answer. That brought on the tears even more. I called a minute later and told her to get her butt home because of an hysterical child. Apparently Alyssa could have caled Cynthia at 8:30 if she was not home. We were playing the DS so it took Alyssa's mind away from the time and the fact that Cynthia was gone.
Alyssa has also mentioned that she is worried about Bradley when he is at school. She then said she will be worried when Isabella starts school. We have tried to talk with her (calmly) to find out what is going on but she is not sure herself. Alyssa even mentioned she wanted to see the counselor at school.
All I can do is reassure her nothing is going to happen. It appears as though she has a seperation issue.
So, if anyone has any advice or idea's for me, pass them along. I think the teenage years are going to be tough.

1 comment:

bbriscoe3375 said...

Man she is growing up fast to fast. She is gonna be 18 just like that if your not carefull. Sounds like a women to me very emotional and couseling might be good. Hang in there your a good dad